Sunday, October 4, 2009

God is Still at Work... in Many "Denominations"




I had a busy day today, but it was one filled with many blessings. The Churchman Gospel Bluegrass group were at Boonville Wesleyan Church for the morning service. Several residents from Woodmont were there also.I then visited an afternoon Homecoming service with Vicky and her 90 y/o aunt at Flint Street Church (Pentecostal) in Boonville Indiana.
Pictured on left is Rev. Basil Embry and wife, my wife Vicky, and her Aunt Leona Sharp. The meal was followed by a singing and testimony service pictured below.










This evening I decided to walk a couple of blocks to Tennyson General Baptist Church for a kickoff to a four day revival service. Rev. Charles Greene shared his testimony how God has miraculously saved him from cancer three times! I am thankful there will be no denominations in Heaven. I have had the privilege of serving within different denominations over the past 25 yea
rs ranging from Interdenominational and Nazarene in South Florida to General Baptist and Wesleyan in Southern Indiana. I have learned we are more alike than different. God still works today despite some of the limitations we try to place on Him because of conceptions we have of Him based on what we have been taught. As has often been said, "God is good...all the time!" God bless, keith 1 Cor 13.

No comments: